Sunday 11 August 2013

Festival of Quilts Part II: The purchases

Just a mini post to show you my purchases from the Festival of Quilts.


Restrained but considered - for once!


I didn't go too crazy but I did go with my heart rather than my pocket.

I've been lusting after some Oakshott for some time and just couldn't the resist this subtle toned Fat 8th bundle of Oakshott Air.
The quality is beautiful so a special project will be required for these beauties.


More 1/8th's caught my eye. This time bright and vibrant hand dyed Kona cotton from Alter Ego in hot pinks, reds and orange. Plus, a gorgous Fat quarter that ranges from lime green through to turquoise. These colours make me feel bright and happy.
I'm thinking of combining in a project with some natural coloured linen so that the colours really pop.
What shall I make? Suggestions please.


I picked up a fat quarter trio of Type by Windham Fabrics from the lovely ladies at The Bramble Patch. They kindly split up a bundle so I could have just the three I wanted. I liked the ipad cover they had on display using the typewritter print, and I may do something similiar for my Kindle.


Finally, I couldn't resist signing up for the new monthly glossy "Love Quilting and Patchwork".
The deal was too good to miss - The first three issues for £1, plus this additional Autumn issue to take away on the day.
There's no obligation to continue after the first three months if it doesn't appeal, so I felt I could stretch to a whole £1 to find out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. All comments are greatly appreciated and were possible replied to. Please don't spam my blog - I'm currently moderating all comments to stop this. Thank you